| Time |
Nick |
Message |
| 02:22 |
|
MTDiscord joined #luanti-dev |
| 04:00 |
|
MTDiscord joined #luanti-dev |
| 06:10 |
|
Sheriff_U3 joined #luanti-dev |
| 06:50 |
|
Sheriff_U3 joined #luanti-dev |
| 07:18 |
|
MTDiscord joined #luanti-dev |
| 09:29 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 09:36 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 11:03 |
celeron55 |
i'll make ZenonSeth a core dev later today, if nobody objects (feel free to comment otherwise too) |
| 11:40 |
rubenwardy |
+1 |
| 13:10 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 13:16 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 13:26 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:13 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:20 |
|
pgimeno_ joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:23 |
|
MTDiscord joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:25 |
|
swags joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:28 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:28 |
|
pmp-p joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:31 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 14:36 |
|
YuGiOhJCJ joined #luanti-dev |
| 15:32 |
|
BuddyTheBud joined #luanti-dev |
| 15:52 |
Krock |
the more the merrier |
| 16:15 |
sfan5 |
when is our meeting |
| 16:34 |
|
Panquesito7 joined #luanti-dev |
| 16:36 |
Krock |
18:00 UTC+2, in approx. 1.5 hours |
| 16:36 |
Krock |
eh what am I saying |
| 16:37 |
Krock |
18:00 UTC+0 which is 20:00 UTC+2 for you |
| 16:57 |
MTDiscord |
<crazyr.> Are you guys not using sone sort of ical to keep track of meeting and important dates? |
| 17:03 |
sfan5 |
merging #17626, #17585, #17486, #17644, #17632 in 15m |
| 17:03 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17626 -- [maybenosq] Fix craft bugs when inventory has no "main" list by Desour |
| 17:03 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17585 -- Improve docs for core.place_node by Wuzzy2 |
| 17:03 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17486 -- Take player height into account when restricting building nodes into yourself by Wuzzy2 |
| 17:03 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17644 -- Make Enable Texture Pack button same width as Disable button by ZenonSeth |
| 17:03 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17632 -- Fix high resolution hotbar scrolling by cx384 |
| 17:03 |
sfan5 |
no, they're just posted on github in advance |
| 17:21 |
|
cx384 joined #luanti-dev |
| 17:33 |
Krock |
Approx. 25 minutes until the meeting |
| 17:35 |
Krock |
unknown minutes until the 15m are elapsed |
| 17:36 |
sfan5 |
I'm on it |
| 17:42 |
|
crazylad joined #luanti-dev |
| 18:00 |
Krock |
Pinging those who reacted to the meeting announcement: Zughy @luatic cx384 sfan5 |
| 18:00 |
cx384 |
hi |
| 18:00 |
sfan5 |
hello |
| 18:00 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> aloha |
| 18:00 |
Krock |
Meeting topics: https://docs.luanti.org/for-engine-devs/meetings/#2026-10-14 |
| 18:00 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/2026 -- Fix endian.h include for FreeBSD by AMDmi3 |
| 18:01 |
Krock |
In order to get to the feature freeze - let's see what features should make it into 5.18.0 |
| 18:01 |
Krock |
milestone: https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/milestone/35 |
| 18:02 |
Krock |
Is there any urgent need for any of these features? otherwise I'd move them to 5.19.0 |
| 18:02 |
sfan5 |
perhaps the english thing if it's close to ready |
| 18:03 |
sfan5 |
shoving matrix APIs in last minute would be premature |
| 18:03 |
Krock |
the translation feature would be nice. unfortunately I did not review this earlier to give time for another development iteration |
| 18:04 |
Krock |
any other opinions? |
| 18:05 |
sfan5 |
I would like to nominate #16697 for inclusion in release |
| 18:05 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/16697 -- Make static world lighting (light curve & AO) configurable via API by sfan5 |
| 18:06 |
Krock |
hmm yes that's also one that has been lying around for a while |
| 18:07 |
sfan5 |
should be good to go after one re-review IMO. and the feature seems somewhat popular |
| 18:08 |
Krock |
in order to release in November we'd have time until Saturday to start the Feature Freeze so that would be doing that |
| 18:08 |
Krock |
*would be possible doing |
| 18:08 |
[MatrxMT] |
<y5nw> I added the translation feature to the milestone primarily as a "counter-proposal" to a PR that would document the limitation of having English as the source language, but I am fine with having it in the next release |
| 18:09 |
Krock |
added the "world lighting" PR to 5.18.0 to review and merge until Saturday. if that did not happen by then -> move to 5.19.0 |
| 18:10 |
Krock |
same goes for the translation PR |
| 18:10 |
sfan5 |
sounds fine |
| 18:11 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> light PR seems low risk from a quick look |
| 18:11 |
Krock |
#17380 becomes a Blocker |
| 18:11 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17380 -- Android SDK update by 1st November 2026 |
| 18:12 |
sfan5 |
the android compatibility stuff is always annoying |
| 18:13 |
sfan5 |
needs to be investigated. personally I wouldn't mind letting chatgpt do it |
| 18:13 |
Krock |
me neither. I could then give a quick shot on Android 6 as usual to ensure nothing broke |
| 18:13 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> ~~personally i'm partial to claude :juanchi_face: ~~ |
| 18:13 |
sfan5 |
to be clear I would test and review a PR but I do not want to be one working on it (AI or not) |
| 18:14 |
Krock |
understandable. Hopefully we'll find a volunteer. Feature Freeze still allows merging that after all |
| 18:15 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> i can see what fable suggests |
| 18:15 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> and PR it if it looks ok |
| 18:15 |
Krock |
Are there any other issues that need addressing, such as regressions? https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues?q=is%3Aissue+state%3Aopen+label%3ARegression |
| 18:16 |
Krock |
Asking now because fixing stuff can take anywhere between days and years |
| 18:16 |
sfan5 |
#17100 needs to be removed from the milestone. nobody is going to do it. |
| 18:16 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17100 -- Crack overlay not visible on transparent pixels (some drawtypes) |
| 18:17 |
sfan5 |
#17521 sounds important to fix before release |
| 18:17 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17521 -- Regression: New animation system breaks nodecore idle animation. |
| 18:17 |
Krock |
already moved once. now removing until a volunteer is found. |
| 18:17 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> i'll do #17521 |
| 18:17 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17521 -- Regression: New animation system breaks nodecore idle animation. |
| 18:17 |
Krock |
assigned and milestone'd |
| 18:18 |
Krock |
thank you. |
| 18:18 |
Krock |
Interestingly I haven't seen any reports about the "array textures" glitches |
| 18:19 |
sfan5 |
yeah it's weird |
| 18:19 |
Krock |
set to 65k in 5.17.0 --> https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/blob/5.17.0/src/defaultsettings.cpp#L268 |
| 18:20 |
Krock |
perhaps we can close this in a few months if nothing new was reported |
| 18:21 |
Krock |
Okay. If there's nothing else to add to the milestone, I'd suggest to set the Feature Freeze start to 2026-10-17, release approx. 1 Nov. |
| 18:22 |
sfan5 |
sounds good |
| 18:22 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> mhm |
| 18:22 |
Krock |
no objections = will write down as-is in the meeting notes |
| 18:23 |
Krock |
So it's set. Any other topics, PR discussions while we're at it? |
| 18:24 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> ZenonSeth being core dev'd would be an appropriate topic |
| 18:25 |
Krock |
Yes. Hopefully their free time / timezone fits the meetings. |
| 18:26 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> i appreciate additional manpower, and he definitely seems to have the necessary qualifications, so i welcome him :) |
| 18:26 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> I'm UK and i'm here, been reading |
| 18:26 |
Krock |
perfect. welcome! |
| 18:26 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> but if any objections, lmk |
| 18:27 |
sfan5 |
welcome! |
| 18:27 |
rubenwardy |
I object to the UK, it's a weird place |
| 18:27 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> thanks :) hopefully can help |
| 18:27 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> +1 |
| 18:27 |
Krock |
I generally ping people on the start of the meeting based on the reactions on the announcement post. FYI |
| 18:28 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> that's fine, i wasn't sure if i should/shoudn't so np |
| 18:29 |
Krock |
Using the attention span to ask whether there's any issue with #17348 or just lack of manpower/interest? |
| 18:29 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17348 -- GUIChatConsole: Fix (smooth) scrolling by arrows by SmallJoker |
| 18:30 |
sfan5 |
no time to look at it from my side |
| 18:30 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> no issue off the top of my head, just lack of energy |
| 18:30 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> oh, I tested that briefly, didn't have any obvious issues other than the one i reported and its fixed |
| 18:31 |
Krock |
glad to know it's not an issue with the PR (as of now). thanks. |
| 18:33 |
Krock |
Seems there's no new topics. To summarize: enter Feature Freeze and do the RC build on 2026-10-17. I'll be around to do whatever needs to be done. |
| 18:33 |
Krock |
Thanks for attending. |
| 18:35 |
rubenwardy |
one more topic: organization draft for feedback in discussions :) |
| 18:36 |
Krock |
https://github.com/orgs/luanti-org/discussions/177 |
| 18:36 |
sfan5 |
quick question: the release date would then be 31 oct, right? |
| 18:37 |
Krock |
either 31 oct or 1 nov, depending on whether we can actually do the FF according to plan |
| 18:37 |
|
crazylad joined #luanti-dev |
| 18:37 |
Krock |
I wasn't sure either. Can do 31 oct if that fits better |
| 18:38 |
sfan5 |
i probably won't be available on either day but 🤷 |
| 18:39 |
sfan5 |
I haven't had time to look at the org proposal either. I suggest we discuss it on GH |
| 18:40 |
Krock |
30 Oct or 2 Nov would still be OK, I guess? Let's see how it goes. Surely I would appreciate some bits of help during the release :) |
| 18:40 |
sfan5 |
sure |
| 18:40 |
Krock |
rubenwardy: frankly speaking I prefer bullet points and keywords over a wall of text but that might just be me |
| 18:41 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> +1 on bulletpoints, same, and how i like to write too |
| 18:41 |
rubenwardy |
i blame tiktok |
| 18:42 |
rubenwardy |
I'd appreciate it if you put 1% of the effort we put into writing it into reading it |
| 18:42 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> never used tiktok, but ofc |
| 18:43 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> small less serious topic, would you be willing to entertain a small 'fun' PR for this release, lua buildin/ changes only, maybe 3 lines tops |
| 18:43 |
sfan5 |
depends on what's in it |
| 18:43 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> ofc, I can make it in a bit, just looking at when the planned release date is. |
| 18:44 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> (hoping before 31st) |
| 18:45 |
Krock |
rubenwardy: Well-written I must say. I'll read through the other sections at a later occasion and likely place some questions |
| 18:46 |
Krock |
@.zenonseth Feel free to propose it. "fun" is nice and all, but the engine must be stable and useful |
| 18:46 |
sfan5 |
Krock: I added a commit to #17643 if you'd like to check that |
| 18:46 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17643 -- [no squash] A bunch of fixes by sfan5 |
| 18:52 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> Krock: no messing with engine stability, I assure you, PR made |
| 18:54 |
crazylad |
woah what |
| 18:55 |
crazylad |
(sorry if interrupting) |
| 18:55 |
Krock |
sfan5: commented |
| 18:57 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> re: document and legal matters, I think its good, I'm not a legal expert, but regarding funds and all, maybe some registration as a nonprofit, or similar to what Libera Chat ended up doing, maybe helpful? I don't know the costs with that though, hopefully not too large? |
| 18:59 |
cx384 |
We have open collective for that? |
| 19:03 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> there are limitations to what open collective can do for us. an organization should certainly be beneficial for what it lets us do. |
| 19:04 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> for example, you can't really do an unpaid internship through open collective. |
| 19:04 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> but it might be beneficial for us to offer unpaid internships (hypothetically). |
| 19:21 |
[MatrxMT] |
<Zughy> I'd suggest to avoid unpaid internships, because it's still work and work should be paid no matter what |
| 19:27 |
rubenwardy |
the eventual goal might be to get a non-profit foundcation but we're not there yet |
| 19:56 |
sfan5 |
should we horizontally center the renderer info? |
| 19:59 |
Krock |
that would look nicer. Though it also suffers from space issues. |
| 19:59 |
sfan5 |
it will wrap to three lines in the default font & window size |
| 20:03 |
sfan5 |
changing the font size to *0.95 would fix it but not sure if we want to start doing that? |
| 20:03 |
cx384 |
@.zenonset regarding a nonprofit, you may want to read the internal discussions # 131 |
| 20:03 |
sfan5 |
consistency and all |
| 20:03 |
MTDiscord |
<wsor4035> @.zenonseth |
| 20:05 |
cx384 |
In Germany you could found a "eingetragene Verein" (e.V.) to get a legal body. I think Codeberg did this, but it's a lot of work and I'm also not an expert. |
| 20:07 |
cx384 |
The organization proposal looks good at a first glance. |
| 20:21 |
|
crazylad joined #luanti-dev |
| 20:36 |
sfan5 |
// Temporary fix for issue #12581 in 5.6.0. |
| 20:36 |
sfan5 |
// Use legacy image when not rendering 9-slice image because GUIAnimatedImage |
| 20:36 |
sfan5 |
// uses NNAA filter which causes visual artifacts when image uses alpha blending. |
| 20:36 |
sfan5 |
cool |
| 20:36 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/12581 -- Inventory slots in Repixture look different in 5.6.0-dev (with gui_scaling_filter = true) |
| 20:37 |
sfan5 |
"temporary" |
| 20:58 |
|
crazylad joined #luanti-dev |
| 21:07 |
sfan5 |
man the irrlicht gui is still pretty ugly |
| 21:08 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> a bit late and perhaps i should have looked earlier, but #17630 might be good to have in 5.18 - one line fix - because the cause (strict checking) isn't in 5.17, i think, so without this fix 5.18 would break on any mods with files like that |
| 21:08 |
ShadowBot |
https://github.com/luanti-org/luanti/issues/17630 -- Allow and ignore 't' in file mode by paradust7 |
| 21:09 |
sfan5 |
it just needs a second approval |
| 21:10 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> i did, left a comment too, had some look around before approving |
| 21:11 |
sfan5 |
we can merge it then |
| 21:13 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> you have my blessings (though i still think those mod developers would do well to fix their mods) |
| 21:13 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> btw re Zughy: i'm not saying we should start giving random people unpaid internships to get some work out of them :p |
| 21:13 |
sfan5 |
isn't a core developer role like an unpaid internship? ;) |
| 21:15 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> what made me think about this is when my little brother needed a two-week internship. it was very tricky to find one. |
| 21:15 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> he eventually got a nice one with teckids which also enabled him to go to FOSDEM, which was possible because teckids is an e.V.; it wouldn't have been possible with luanti. |
| 21:17 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> this is just one kind of random example that sprung to my mind, but generally at some point, you need some kind of legal entity to be able to do certain things at all |
| 21:18 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> the other thing (which is also vaguely referenced in the proposal) is that when it comes to legal disputes (which for example the DMCA takedown could've come to) you also want a legal entity |
| 21:19 |
MTDiscord |
<luatic> conversely there is arguably some concern as to which additional obligations this would entail. that's not clear to me yet; i suppose it would depend strongly on which kind of entity is registered and under which jurisdiction. |
| 21:33 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> i was looking at what libera chat did because i know they had some requirements, and they registered as a Swedish "ideell förening" - apparently a non-profit or voluntary association - which is free, just requires 3 people, and some basic outlines, which kind of match what the doc shared by ruben already was. from their site |
| 21:33 |
MTDiscord |
https://www.skatteverket.se/servicelankar/otherlanguages/englishengelska/businessesandemployers/nonprofitassociations.4.569165a01749e7ae7891106.html - |
| 21:35 |
MTDiscord |
<.zenonseth> long term suggestion anyway, not saying this is the way or anything needs to happen soon :) |
| 22:35 |
|
panwolfram joined #luanti-dev |